I thought I would be lovely and share with you a recipe, this is one of my favourite things to bake. They are a New Zealand specialty (don’t quote me specifically) and I love them. I have given them to some of my British friends before and they have cringed away from the cornflakes.
- 350g Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornflakes
- 2/3 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
(This makes an alarmingly large amount of biscuits which are kind of sickly, so I usually half the recipe and you still get 10-12 normal sized biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soften butter and mix with sugar until fluffy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder.
- Mix it all up.
- Add the cornfakes
- Grease tray and roll into balls
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Ice with your bog standard chocolate icing
- Decorate with walnuts